Welcome to Warrnambool SLSC
Who we are
The Club was established in 1930 and has a current total membership of over 400 members of which over 100 are active patrolling members. The South West Victorian coastline is a beautiful, dynamic and sometimes dangerous place and for over 85 years, our active surf life savers have and continue to patrol Warrnambool's main beach on weekends and public holidays each season which runs from the end of November to just after Easter. The primary purpose of the Warrnambool Surf Lifesaving Club is to provide a safe beach environment for swimmers and beach goers at Warrnambool’s main beach on Lady Bay. Warrnambool Surf Lifesaving Club is one of Victoria’s 57 surf lifesaving clubs which provide emergency search, rescue and medical services to the public.
What we do
The Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club provides the following community and member services voluntarily:
- Emergency seach/rescue and medical services;
- Preventative programs to ensure beach visitors avoid danger (surveillance, safe swimming area between the flags, shark alarm, identification of rips, and first aid);
- Surf safety information through community education programs;
- Providing access for members to obtain nationally recognised qualifications that enhance their experience;
- Surf sport training in a variety of disciplines;
- Youth sport & safety programs (Nippers);
- Social occasions for members to catch up.
Warrnambool Surf Lifesaving Club strives to maintain the highest quality of services to all beach goers, and members of the community. To achieve this we work in unison with the Life Saving Victoria Communication Centre; the local Ambulance, Police and Fire services; the Coastguard and the Warrnambool City Council. We proactively work with the local schools to educate children about safe beach practices in an effort to avoid unnecessary beach incidents. We are the only organisation that has an actual presence on the beach and is therefore the primary service provider to the public for emergency rescue at Warrnamboo's main beach and surrounding areas. Our club is called upon for all emergency beach and water rescues and call in advanced support from local Ambulance or Coastguard services as required. Our presence allows victims to have access to accredited first aid treatment within those vital first minutes of an accident. Our surf lifesavers receive nationally accredited medical and first aid training, skills which are directly transferrable to everyday medical emergencies within the community.
Click here to go to Shipwreck Coast Swim Series