(Certificate II in Public Safety)
WSLSC is running an adults Bronze Medallion Course throughout November/December. At this stage it will only be open to adults however if there is not enough interest the course will be opened up to all members from 15 years of age.
The prerequisites for participation in the training are as follows:
- Current Financial Member of the club
- Complete a 400m pool swim in nine minutes or less
- There is no charge to individuals complete the course
- A pink water safety vest is required to be worn during practical sessions and these can be purchased from the club shop/online (Purchase Here)
- Candidates will need to access the 34th Edition of the Public Safety and Aquatic Rescue Training Manual (PSAR) which can also be purchased from the club online shop for $30 (Purchase here)
Training sessions are as follows:
- 30th October – Pool Swim at Warrnambool College 11.30am
- 1st November – WSLSC Theory 7.30pm-9.00pm
- 8th November – WSLSC Theory 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- 13th November – WSLSC Practical 11.30am – 1.00pm
- 15th November – WSLSC Theory 7.30pm-9.00pm
- 20th November – WSLSC Practical 11.30am – 1.00pm
- 27th November – WSLSC Practical 11.30am – 1.00pm
- 3rd December – WSLSC Practical (If required) or Proposed Assessment date 10am
- 4th December – WSLSC Backup Practical Assessment date (if required)
Although you can download this guide above you will be given a copy during the course
To enrol in the course please go to the LSV Member Training from Anywhere website http://mt.lsv-from-anywhere.com.au/login and go to New Awards. Then search for the Bronze Medallion Course at Warrnambool with the start date of October 30th and end date of December 4th.
You may need to register an account if you have not participated in any previous training.
See page 15 and 16 of the Bronze Medallion Learner Guide to see what’s involved in this course.
Registrations close on October 24th.
Please contact the club or the Training and Assessment Officer (Kristie Chiller) if you have any queries.
Please contact the club or the Training and Assessment Officer.
(Kristie Chiller) if you have any queries.