Adults Bronze Medallion Course
(Certificate II in Public Safety)
WSLSC is running an adults Bronze Medallion Course throughout January.
The prerequisites for participation in the training are as follows:
- Current Financial Member of the club
- be at least 15 years of age on the date of the final assessment
- Complete a 400m pool swim in nine minutes or less, unaided (goggles/mask permitted)
Note an added advantage of gaining your Bronze Medallion is that it give’s you voting rights with the club
- There is no charge to individuals complete the course
- A pink water safety vest is required to be worn during practical sessions and these can be purchased from the club shop/online (Purchase Here)
- Candidates will need to access the 34th Edition of the Public Safety and Aquatic Rescue Training Manual (PSAR) which can also be purchased from the club online shop for $30 (Purchase here)
Training sessions are as follows:
- 10th January – Pool Swim at Aquazone 9:00am
- 12th January – WSLSC Theory and Practical 1
- 14th January – WSLSC Theory and Practical 2 12-2pm
- 17th January – WSLSC Theory and Practical 3 9am-12pm
- 19th January – WSLSC Theory and Practical 4 9am-12pm
- 21st January – WSLSC Theory and Practical 5 12-2pm
- 22nd January – WSLSC Theory and Practical 6 12-2pm
- 24th January – WSLSC Proposed Assessment date 9am
“Registrations close on Monday 8th of January”
Although you can download this guide above you will be given a copy during the course
To enrol in the course please go to the LSV Member Training from Anywhere website http://mt.lsv-from-anywhere.com.au/login and go to New Awards. Then search for the Bronze Medallion Course at Warrnambool with the start date of January 10th and end date of January 24th.
You may need to register an account if you have not participated in any previous training.
See page 15 and 16 of the Bronze Medallion Learner Guide to see what’s involved in this course.
Registrations close on January 8th.
Please contact the club or the Training and Assessment Officer (Kristie Chiller) if you have any queries.