Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club
Codes of Conduct
Building upon our heritage the Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club provides a lifesaving service to ensure the safety of the Warrnambool foreshore.
To perform this service we will ensure that Lifesavers are highly proficient in surf lifesaving skills, as well have access to safe, reliable equipment and facilities in a healthy, friendly and nurturing environment.
Through public education and awareness we will foster the ideology where Lifesavers are respected for their dedication and motivation
The Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club will strive to succeed and achieve at the highest level in: Surf Lifesaving, Competition and Junior Development.
To promote a healthy and enjoyable lifestyle, lifelong friendships through a sense of family and team spirit.
To ensure we are a trusted and viable volunteer organisation that uses its resources wisely.
Nipper Code of Conduct
As a Warrnambool SLSC Nipper I:
- Participate in Nippers because I enjoy the sport
- Always follow the rules and respect the ocean and conditions
- Am a good sport and control my temper, congratulating all who strive for their best
- Respect the official’s decisions
- Treat other competitors as I would like to be treated
- Aim to have fun and improve my ability
- Listen to my Age Manager, team and my nipper mates
- Respect the equipment, wash it and return after use. Report any damage
- Understand and appreciate that everyone in the club gives up their own time to help me be the best Junior Life Saver I can be
Parent / Carer Code of Conduct
As a Warrnambool SLSC Nipper Parent or Carer I commit to:
- Not making an unwilling child participate in a sport
- Understanding that my nipper is involved in sport for their enjoyment, not mine
- Encourage my Nipper to play by the rules
- Encourage that the effort is as important as the result
- Work towards improving skills and sportsmanship
- Recognise and encourage good play or efforts
- Do not publicly question an official’s decision
- Recognise and respect the efforts of volunteers (ALL our helpers are volunteers)
General Club Member Code of Conduct
Our Club’s General Code of Conduct:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others;
- Be fair, equitable, considerate and honest in all dealings with others;
- Be aware of, and maintain an uncompromising adhesion to SLSA standards, rules, regulations and policies;
- Be professional in, and accept responsibility for actions;
- Make a commitment to providing a quality service;
- Use facilities and equipment for their proper purposes, and care for and maintain such facilities and equipment correctly;
- Refrain from anything which may abuse, intimidate or harass others;
- Preserve and protect the standing and reputation of the Association and the club;
- Understand the consequences of any breach of the SLSA’s member Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Warrnambool Surf Life Saving Club value these attributes in all members: vigilance, integrity, equality, tolerance, respect, achievement, trust, honesty, loyalty, comradery, bravery, dedication and strength of body & mind.