Training and Skills MaintenanceMaintaining your life saving skills is essential: This page will show details to maintain and expand that knowledge
Each year most Lifesaving Victoria awards are required to be renewed and updated.
Members are asked to show their proficiency in each award by attending a skills maintenance (SM) session. This is a great opportunity to refresh your skills and knowledge prior to the season commencement and also to learn new knowledge and techniques. This process usually involves a series of theory questions and a practical demonstration.
Adults Bronze Medallion Course 10 January, 2017 Skills Maintenance Bronze Medallion (Certificate II in Public Safety) WSLSC is running an adults Bronze Medallion Course throughout January. The prerequisites for participation in the training are as follows: Current...read more
For base awards like the Surf Rescue Certificate and Bronze Medallion you MUST attend an annual 're-test' by 31 December each year for these awards to remain current. This keeps your knowledge fresh, and ensures you are aware of any changes - for example, introduction...read more
Adults Bronze Medallion Course 30 OCTOBER, 2016 Skills Maintenance Bronze Medallion (Certificate II in Public Safety) WSLSC is running an adults Bronze Medallion Course throughout November/December. At this stage it will only be open to adults however if there is not...read more
What is it? SLSA members can use the TappnEd interactive video platform for content and skills refresher training prior to annual skills maintenance programs, and can do so on nearly any device, any time and from any location with internet access as part of our...read more
WSLSC are proud to be able to present a weekend of training and skills maintenance: (Follow the links to find out more about each course) Saturday 8th October Officials Course 8:30am - 1pm (For anyone who would like to help the club fulfill their...read more
All IRB Drivers and Crew-persons are required to complete a theory and practical component this season. If you are a driver you need to complete both the driver and crew Skills maintenance process. These changes have been introduced to ensure that all members are...read more
Skills Maintenance Process
- Renew your Surf Club Membership for the current season and pay the appropriate membership fees. Please ensure all details are up to date – Emergency contacts, Contact details, Drivers License number and expiry dates, Marine License number and expiry dates and ensure you are registered for the current season
- Log into “Member Training from Anywhere”
- Choose the Skills Maintenance tab and select one or more of the awards that need to be updated.
- Complete the theory questions (if applicable)
- Choose Book Practical to book into a practical session of your choice. Please ensure this step is completed to allow the club to cater to all members needs and to ensure the SM days run smoothly and quickly.
Do not leave this process for the last minute
Please do not leave this process until the night before as the club requires time to organise the paperwork for Skills Maintenance and if there are difficulties with the process then we don’t have enough time to resolve the issue. If you are having difficulties with the Skills Maintenance process then please contact the club