General Member’s Registration Instructions
1. Obtain your Working With Children Check
If you do not hold a WWCC you must apply for one.
Details on this simple process are explained here: Warrnambool SLSC WWCC
2. Complete Skills Maintenance Requirements
Logging into your account on Member Training from anywhere will allow you to book into one of our Skills Maintenance sessions. It will also show you the dates of neighboring sessions. Book yourself in and complete the theory components online before attending!
Remember: The log in details are different to your SLSA Member’s Portal account, as this is a LSV only website especially for training and Skills Maintenance
3. SLSA Registration
You know the drill by now…you are required to register separately with Surf Life Saving Australia and renew that registration each year. This can be done individually or by creating a family on the SLSA Member’s Portal. Details are provided via the following link but also the SLSA website has good information on how to proceed.
You will see a “Make a Payment” link during this process, You can use this but please fill in the forms on our own website first. Direct Credit or credit card payment (either via this SLSA website or via PayPal) is accepted from our website. The link is further down this page!
After you’ve completed the questionnaire on this website and you know how much you need to pay you CAN pay via this SLSA step, but please identify the payment thoroughly.
4. Agree to abide by the Warrnambool SLSC Code of Conduct
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others;
- Be fair, equitable, considerate and honest in all dealings with others;
- Be aware of, and maintain an uncompromising adhesion to SLSA standards, rules, regulations and policies;
- Be professional in, and accept responsibility for actions;
- Make a commitment to providing a quality service;
- Use facilities and equipment for their proper purposes, and care for and maintain such facilities and equipment correctly;
- Refrain from anything which may abuse, intimidate or harass others;
- Preserve and protect the standing and reputation of the Association and the club;
- Understand the consequences of any breach of the SLSA’s member Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
5. Pay for Club Membership and Nipper Program
You may pay via this website (preferred) or via the LSV member’s Portal option, but please be logged into that site before paying. Direct Credit or credit card payment via PayPal is accepted. We can also arrange to meet you at the club to receive payment. The Links for the various Membership options are at the bottom of this page.
7. Install Team App
In either Apple App Store or Google Play store find and install the program Team App then look for the “team” WSLSC You can also access the details via their website at www.teamapp.com. More details here: Club Communications
If any member of your family is a Nipper, this is the choice for you!
If there’s 2 or more people in your family (and no Nippers) this is the right choice
Maybe your signing up for yourself, or maybe you’re at a members party and you’ve decided to pay for everyone…this is the right choice!
The BOM have declared that any member
- fulfilling their FULL patrol team hours and
- holding 3 advanced awards (or more)
Will be awarded club credit to the amount of “Adult Membership” ($65)