Nipper Registration Instructions
…are now open and you’re invited to apply to join our club as we kick off another Nipper season. There are some important changes to our program and the requirements surrounding them which we will communicate through the lead up to the season.
The “signup” process is a considerable burden on both the club and our members, we apologise and ask that you are thorough and methodical when applying.
Additionally the calendar and last years documents haven’t been updated as yet, since you’re keen and already here we have opened the registration pages and we will be sure to let you know once the documents are updated. We will make them available on TeamApp throughout the season regardless.
1. Obtain your Working With Children Check
If you do not hold a WWCC you must apply for one.
Details on this simple process are explained here: Warrnambool SLSC WWCC
2. Attend Parent Information Briefing
3. Complete Preliminary Skills Evaluation
If you are currently having swimming lessons you can print our Swim Evaluation Form (on the right) and have your swim coach, teacher or a qualified pool lifeguard sign it off.
We will be holding 2 Club Swim evaluations on the 10th and 17th of November: Details to be announced on our website / TeamApp / Facebook These are also the opportunity to find out more about our WSLSC Nipper Program. Ask Age managers, Club officials and other Nipper parents!
4. Pay for Club Membership and Nipper Program
The Nipper Membership is essentially the family membership which covers all adults and children still at school (including tertiary) for $150 or pay individually. Prices have remained the same as last year.
This cost includes the first Nipper Beach Program fee for one Nipper. For each additional nipper you are registering there is an additional $55 to cover the season’s Beach Program.
If you register via our website we will send an invoice to your registered email address, payment can be made online, via PayPal, direct credit or by attendance at the club
5. SLSA Registration
You are required to register separately with Surf Life Saving Australia and renew that registration each year.
We will take care of this process for you, but it adds to our administration costs and time, so bare with us!
6. Agree to abide by the Warrnambool SLSC Code of Conduct
We provide an environment for both competition and confidence building activities.
We suggest you read the below Code of Conduct with your nipper (although we’ll make sure WE do as well)
As a Warrnambool SLSC Nipper I:
- Participate in Nippers because I enjoy the sport
- Always follow the rules and respect the ocean and conditions
- Am a good sport and control my temper, congratulating all who strive for their best
- Respect the official’s decisions
- Treat other competitors as I would like to be treated
- Aim to have fun and improve my ability
- Listen to my Age Manager, coach, water safety, team and my nipper mates and act on their advice
- Respect the equipment, wash it and return after use. Report any damage
- Understand and appreciate that everyone in the club gives up their own time to help me be the best Junior Life Saver I can be
Parent and Carer Code
As a Warrnambool SLSC Nipper Parent or Carer I commit to:
- Not making an unwilling child participate in a sport
- Understanding that my nipper is involved in sport for their enjoyment, not mine
- Encourage my Nipper to play by the rules
- Encourage that the effort is as important as the result
- Work towards improving skills and sportsmanship
- Recognise and encourage good play or efforts
- Do not publicly question an official’s decision
- Recognise and respect the efforts of volunteers (ALL our helpers are volunteers)
7. Install Team App
In either Apple App Store or Google Play store find and install the program Team App then look for the “team” WSLSC You can also access the details via their website at www.teamapp.com. More details here: Club Communications
Ready to Sign up?